Sales & Business Development Intern
Canadian citizens or permanent residents who are pursuing a bachelor’s degree and have a keen interest in joining a start-up team that is at the forefront of transforming the retail and e-commerce industry in Canada.
We are seeking a pursuing grad student for a 20-week paid winter internship to join the e-commerce and digital marketing team. The ideal candidate is passionate about innovation and thrives in a fast-paced environment.
As an intern, you will gain valuable experience working on transformation projects across various functions, including sales, business development, digital marketing, e-commerce strategies, and marketplace development.
Customer Maps helps businesses with digital marketing transformation and enhanced online brand experience. A strategic partner, who collaborates with brands to continuously innovate the digital experience. Customer Maps promises to be at the forefront of marketing trends for the benefit of our clients.
Founded in 2019, Customer Maps is a fast-growing company, headquartered in Calgary, AB, and has its clients across Canada and the United States. Customer Maps value diversity, inclusion, and women-breaking barriers initiative.
Sales strategy, lead generation, market research, presentation skills, negotiation, content development, website development, search engine optimization, content marketing, and Data Analytics.
Sales/Business Development Intern
Who you are:
To support our rapid growth, we are looking for a Business Development Intern to join our team. We’re looking for someone who is driven and excited about the positive impact digital marketing technology can have on retail and e-commerce businesses.
Let’s give you a purpose:
1)Market Research support for the development & and strategy team by collecting information on clients, preparing business development materials, and coordinating deliverables.
2)Prospecting and Lead Generation: As a sales development intern, you may be responsible for identifying and researching potential leads.
3)Creating Sales tools- Research market trends and competitive analysis to help identify high business value opportunities. Support putting together case studies, presentations, and other collateral.
What you’ll bring along:
1) Currently working towards a bachelor’s degree in business administration, marketing, sales, strategy, business, retail/e-commerce, or a related field.
2) Strong problem-solving ability and attention to detail
3) Previous internship experience in a start-up environment is desirable.
4) Strong sense of ownership, self-starter, and accountability
5) Fluency in written or spoken English as well as strong expertise in MS Office products Marketing and design experience is considered an asset as well.
6) Proven ability to manage and prioritize multiple work tasks
7) The ideal candidate has a collaborative attitude, thrives in a high-paced environment, and is not afraid to think outside the box.
We love it here, and you will too.
1) Professional development support to master your craft
2) An inclusive, ego-free environment where diversity of people and thought is valued
3) Opportunity to impact the trajectory of a fast-growing tech company
Customer Maps is an equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage applications from everyone, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, or disability status.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the interview process and beyond. We are committed to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.